Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Disease

Cancer (medical term: malignant neoplasm) is a class of diseases in which a group of cells display uncontrolled growth (division beyond the normal limits), invasion (intrusion on and destruction of adjacent tissues), and sometimes metastasis (spread to other locations in the body via lymph or blood). Cancer may affect people at all ages, even fetuses, but the risk for most varieties increases with age. Cancer causes about 13% of all deaths.

I know. I've seen it. I've been witness to how a disease can turn a perfectly normal individual to just a shadow of their former self. I've seen how cancer can break a man. Eat him inside out. Slaughter him, bit by bit, while his family is reduced to being spectators.

So much is going wrong. I want to help. I want to run. I feel numb. How long shall I continue to fake happiness? I want it to be over. I want him to die. I want him to live.

Please God. Help him. Set him free.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! I so can totally relate to what you have written here!!! I echo each bit of I want to help, I feel numb, I want him to live. God help him. I want to be there for him. Not yet where I can say the other lines!! Don't know...just know that cancer has pushed a really good friend away from me cos he wants to deal with it. I wish he lets me in...guess he should decide to...

Thespian said...

-->myheadtrip: Yea, but in this case my dad in law has given up the will to fight. I don't knw how to help. What do u tell someone who doesn't want to live anymore?

Anonymous said...

really helpless..

just say try living for the ones who love u nd need u..

broca's area said...

so true..have witnessed my aunt suffer from it..!!...:(..she had multiple secondaries in her liver..!

Thespian said...

-->Oorjas: I don't know...just hope his suffering ends soon.

-->Brocasarea: Sorry for your aunt. I don't think anyone can escape cancer once it gets you.

Thinking Soul... said...

This is a tough time... But U know what, feeling helpless is not all that you can do right now... Your prayers and wishes are going to help him. N your strength will reflect in his will to live!

Keep the Faith! Tc...

undisclosed said...

i can feel the way u do..........my mums sufferin frm the same........
its lie god doesnt listen 2 u........
take care......

man in painting said...

i share your grief..be positive..think about life whenever you go near your friend..talk about life..if possible read "it is not about the bike"by lance amstrong..
i know..suggesting is easy..but being with them is difficult..
feeling sorry..
take care

Thespian said...

@Thinking Soul, @Sttutts: Thanks for your support

@ManInPainting: Hey, yea I did read it at the time. It was quite a struggle for Lance too, but unfortunately in my case, he didn't make it. Its been 4 years now and we miss him every day.