Thursday, July 25, 2013

Oh yesterday, where did you go?

Its almost midnight, I should be asleep by now so I can wake up on time tomorrow. But sleep seems eons away as my mind keeps wandering off... To times when I wasn't someone's wife or daughter in law or mom. When i was just a friend, just me. Don't get me wrong, I love my new life, more than anything. But its different now. Times are different, I am different.

I don't know what is it that's changed though. I've lost some friends, made some new ones. Traveled to new places, had some new experiences. Has it really been that long? It's so hard to believe. I mean, just yesterday I was on a train to some unknown destination with my pals.... I guess I did reach,  but without those familiar faces around me. Now I'm in a world that runs on schedules and to do lists. Can't remember when was the last time I closed my eyes and felt at peace.

It's so unfair, to let go of yesterday for today. Why can't I have both?

2 comments:

just writing..just some thoughts said...

Franz Schubert rightly said, "Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife."...
of course in ur case i would say that the husband is ur best friend and now your kid...husband/child is someone you can hold his hand tight late in the night (as Milo once told me when i asked her how is it that she is so brave enough to get married like u did too followed by Bhajji and i am a coward piece of ass)..

however, despite her answer..i am still not ready to give in to this institution not because i don't want to lose out on friends (honestly, i don't have that many friends to which we all are much aware of it)...it's probably because i am so self-satisfied, busy readying, exploring myself etc that i think i have become my own friend...it's probably to do with the state of mind...n i bet the "mind" talks to you and that's the reason why u wrote this post...u r saddened and wishing too tht u could have your yesterday, today and tom...i guess we all have to be brave at some point of time and move on, adapt to new area/people/time/moment and make it worthwhile; befriend people who are there with u in every phase of life..but also be mindful of not forgetting who went by in your life, who were there with you before Today..

Anyhow, accordingly to me, personally speaking, most important as well, make your mind your best friend..it does a lot of "tripping"...not kiddin!!!

Thespian said...

Hehe yea, but my mind is always at war with my heart niks! Its like having two different people in one body! But i'm glad I have friends like you who understand that despite not being there physically at all times, I'm always there with you emotionally :)